View -> Refresh (Shortcut Key does not work)
Dirk Bauer
2007-04-12 15:24:01 UTC
I have tried the shortcutkeys Control+Alt+F5 to refresh the client. I get no
result. If I refresh the client by using the function without shortcut (from
the munue) it works just fine. I used a German client + SQL + 4.00 + SP3

Is it an error? A shortcut would be a nice to have.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=595a8598-606b-4ea0-8739-041bd13e8133&dg=microsoft.public.navision
Savatage
2007-04-12 21:02:00 UTC
What in your client "Isn't" being updated?
Dirk Bauer
2007-04-13 08:08:01 UTC
Post by Savatage
What in your client "Isn't" being updated?
It is updated, but only if I call the refresh-function from the menu. It
seems that the shortcut does not to work.

I have the following scenario:
-2 clients with two different users logged in (Harry and Sally) on the same
database.
- Harry is looking on a form with a calculated field (a LookUp to table X)
- Sally changes the content of table X.
- Harry leaves the current record and calls the same record again. But his
calculated field is not updated. After about a minute the calculated field is
updated
- If Harry refreshes his client he can see the updated field immediately

I hope, you can reproduce this and I am not making a mistake.

Any idea how I could update Harry’s data immediately? SELECTLATESTVERSION
and COMMIT did not work. Refreshing the client using the Windows Scripting
Host worked, but only if Sally is not a Navision Application Server.
Unfortunately, my Sally is a NAS.
Savatage
Harmeet Singh
Harmeet Singh