Hotcopy.exe
Fiammenghi Fabrizio
2006-11-02 16:06:09 UTC
Hi to all,
I read that hotcopy is able to create an "online" backup of navision
database
How do i use it ? (my db is in native mode)

I tried :
HotCopy.exe source=E:\DbNavision410\Cogesam410\Cogesam410.fdb
destination=e:\ nettype=TCP server=Cogesam410 user=xxxi password=xxxx
dbtest=minimum osauthentication=no

but when i run it i receive this error :
The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).
You can see how to make changes to your 'hosts' and 'services' files in the
docu
mentation for the network. Contact your system manager if you need
assistance.
Backup ended with an error at 2006/11/2 16:57:04.

But the server has
172.20.0.17 Cogesam410
in the hostsfile
and the right entry in the services file
(in fact I manage to run the client from the server)

In add if the server is made of 2 different files
I receive following error :

The number of source database files do not equal the number of physical
database
files available.

Backup ended with an error at 2006/11/2 17:05:06.

Is there a workaround ?
What I'm doing wrong ?

B. regards
Fabrizio Fiammenghi
Savatage
2006-11-02 17:00:01 UTC
read this:
http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14459

look at this:
http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=749
PalleA
2006-11-06 08:16:46 UTC
My way of using hotcopy is like this

Create a file called backup.txt and let the content be something like:
------>
[Backup Files]
C:\database\database1.fdb=c:\BACKUP
C:\database\database2.fdb=c:\BACKUP
[Options]
nettype=tcp
Servername=MBSN40SRV
Description="The Daily backup"
Email=***@microsoft.com
user=super
Password=secret
dbtest=normal
cc=yes
<-------

then at the command prompt do a

HOTCOPY source=backup.txt

that should do it (or at least it does for me).

Palle