Employee Portal
Shawn Winters
2005-11-08 15:00:27 UTC
I'm trying to get the Employee Portal to work in our test environment. I've
installed everything according to the documentation, but when I try to
modify the card webpart I get the following error:

Communication error (10114): No reply received from Back End System (Time
Out).

The Application is configured and starts with no errors. The WSS, NAS and
SQL 2005 are all installed on the same box. I've configured the employee
portal within the cronus database and setup the appropriate nep_user.

I get no error in the even log. I can't seem to figure out where I'm going
wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shawn Winters
***@clientsfirst-us.com
Mark Brummel
2005-11-08 18:26:07 UTC

I hope this is of some help

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7069&highlight=reply+received+back+end+system
--
Regards,

Mark Brummel
Add-on Engineer
Shawn Winters
Marlin Parisien[MSFT]
2006-03-21 21:54:48 UTC
Hello Shawn Winters.

First I'd like appologize for a delayed response and assure we will be
responding in a more timely manner.

I understand that you were receiving the error "Communication error
(10114): No reply received from Back End System (TimeOut)." Is this
correct?

I see that Mr. Mark Brummel had posted a site the Mibuso forum that
discusses this error message. Looking over the forum it seems that one
partner was able to solve the issue and this is how it was resolved;

"It was the NAS startup parameter that was causing the probelm.
I made the NAS startup parameter the same as the Code in Navision >
Administration > Application Setup > Employee Portal > Application Server
Setup"

I hope this was helpful and I'd like to thanks Mr. Brummel for his posting!

Have a great day!

Regards,

Marlin Parisien

Microsoft Online Support Engineer